Friday, October 19, 2012

Simple Honesty: Part 6


Life and Dreams – Go with the flow


When I was young I had all these dreams for how life would turn out. I dreamed of being the lead actress in a movie, of being in a play, of meeting a handsome guy and …. The dreams went on.

And through the years, God has helped me make many of my dreams come true. I’ve been able to be in a movie, I’ve been in a play, and I’ve been able to make the strong friendship with other believers that I always dreamed about.

But in-between times of fulfilling dreams there have been times of preparation. These have been some of the hard times. I can’t see how God is going to work things out. I’m waiting for the next step. It’s in these times that God has grown me the most. It’s in waiting for His timing that I know where He wants me to use my talents.

There have been times when I’ve whined. I wanted it all now. I wanted to have the dream now. But some of my worst falls have been when I tried to take what God was not giving. It’s made me realize that it’s always better to wait on God’s timing.

And when dreams do come true, it’s been some of the best times of my life. One of the tricks I’ve learned is to go with the flow. No I’m not perfect at this either, but I’m learning. When you’re waiting, live in the moment and enjoy the growth process. When your dreams come true, live in the moment and enjoy what God is doing in you.  

Just keep living and enjoy what God is doing. Go with the flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment