Sunday, October 28, 2012

In 100 Simple Words # 1


The other day I started writing a short story and thought that I might share it all with you. In 100 words I’ve tried to tell the first part of a story. I already have an idea for the next few parts of the story, and I look forward to seeing what you think of the first part of the story.


Time seemed to drag on. Kelsey took in a breath and exhaled it slowly.
How had it come to this? She asked herself for the hundredth time.
The party continued around her, the guests talked and chatted on happily. But Kelsey inwardly groaned.
I have to get through this. I can’t disappoint my friends. She mustered her best plastic smile. I have to act my way through this party.
Still it was getting harder to keep up the charade.
Kelsey stood and walked over to the punch bowl. Her cup was still half full, but she needed something to do.  

1 comment: