Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Simple Honesty: Part 3


My relationship with God
Photo Credit Mikayla H.

I danced slowly in the moonlight. My Abba whispered His love softly. My heart moved in time to the music. I know He’s there, even though my eyes tell me that there’s only air around me. There have been times in my life – like dancing with my Abba – when I can feel the presence of God surrounding me. And there are times I struggle find Him in the midst of my day. It’s not that He’s not there, it’s just that I can’t feel Him as much. But He and I have the best relationship I could ask for. I’m learning to relate to Him as a beloved to her lover. This is journey that has taken me through many twists and turns, through some of the hardest times in my life, and through some of the most joyful times I’ve ever experienced. Through it all God has been there helping me to see Him for who He is.

This kind of relationship isn’t easy, clean or perfect, But I wouldn’t miss it for the world. It’s one of the few relationships in my life that I feel totally safe, totally free, and totally loved inside of it. The more I open myself up to God and His love the more my life changes for better.

I wish I could find the words to describe how much love and acceptance I have found in Him. I wish I could find the words to tell how much He’s meant to me. I wish I could find the words to describe this wonderful relationship. But since I can’t, let me encourage you in your own walk. God is closer than you think. Keep relaxing into the love that he offers you every day. And don’t worry if you don’t see any fireworks right away. Just keep walking with God wherever He leads and you’ll see more than you ever imagined.     

No comments:

Post a Comment