Last year was an incredible year. It's been one of the busiest years of my life so far, but I really enjoyed it.
God taught me so much this year. One thing is how to live more simply in the midst of a hectic world. I find it so easy to get sucked into the craziness. I love being busy, but I never want to become so busy that I can't focus on what's important. For me one of the meanings of simplicity is being busy doing what really matters to you.
What really matters to me? Loving God and loving others. These have have been my goals since I was small, although living them out has always taken on new forms.
With each year (sometimes daily) we go and change. As I have changed, God has given me new ways to love Him through others.
This year I and the other MOHL girls are going to be taking on the challenge of living out our faith. I'm so excited about this. My goal for this year is to do more of living out my faith than I do talking about it.
To this end, I've made the following goals
1. Volunteer at a hospital.
2. Choose 1 ministry every month and make things for that ministry.
3. Read 75 books. Including rereading some devotional books, reviewing one audiobook a month, and read the free books I've gotten on my kindle.
4. Have a tea party every month.
5. Publish at least 2 plays, edit 4 plays, and write 3 plays/screenplays.
6. Continue to work on ASL.
7. Continue blogging.
8. Enjoy life as I work out my simpleness journey.