Monday, August 6, 2012

Simple Challange

I've been challenged by Rachelle, to go to the 77th page of my latest work, go to the 7th line, copy the next 7 lines/paragraphs and post them. Well, since I am a playwright most of my works are under 50 pages. But I'll go to the 7th page of my play Just Kathleen.



Reporter 3: Now that you are home, do you intend to try and take over control of the country from your father? He has been showing signs of failing health and some think this would be the perfect time for you to take over for him.

Kathleen: I do not. My father is perfectly capable of handling his own affairs. He has lead this country well. And I know that he will lead it well until he dies.

[Pause. Reporter 1 raises her hand. Kathleen motions to her.]

Reporter 1: Is it true, Princess Kathleen, that you haven’t found a husband yet? Tradition indicates that every princess for the last one hundred years has been married by time they are twenty three and you are fast approaching this age.

Kathleen: I am well aware of tradition and will do my best to live up to the peoples expectations.

Reporter 1: So you’re saying you have a boyfriend.

Kathleen: I am saying I will do the best for my people. On that note, I wish to take my leave. Thank you all for being here today. 

I hope you enjoyed this. Have a simply wonderful day. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I love that last line. So dismissive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I look forward to writing the rest of it and showing it to ya'll. It's a neat story and I am learning so much by writing it.

    ReplyDelete