Monday, April 15, 2013

Where Did My Simple Life Go?

Maybe not out loud, but I have been wondering this lately.

In the midst of classes, volunteering, deadlines, cleaning, trips, and the craziness of life, where is this simple life that I long for?

Yet even as I write these words, I'm reminded of the fact that simpleness doesn't have anything to do with my to-do list or calender. It has to do with what's getting done.

One simpleness book asked it's readers to look what got done over the last week. That was a good indication of what was most important to you. You'll get that stuff done. Even if you say that baking cookies for the family is more important than writing the book, if the book get's written, but the baking sheets go unused, you have just proved which was more of a priority.

So what was important to me this week? What actually got done? Some time spent with family, quilting with my sister, a lot of editing, two days of volunteering, and a visit with a friend. Even with all the crazy, I'm thankful  for all the wonderful moments that this week has contained.

God's working out so many wonderful and amazing things in my life. I may having some growing pains, but I know the end result will be worth it. And that is a simple truth that I can carry around with me as I go about my crazy, busy, wonderful, amazing day.

How have you found simple lessons in the midst of your crazy life?

No comments:

Post a Comment