Friday, April 5, 2013

Simple White Space

I was running at a frantic pace. With everything that needed to get done, who had time to rest? I ran from one event to another not taking time to catch my breath and listen to God and family. My bad.

It came to an end one night when I came home emotionally exhausted and getting anger with family members. I had a long talk with my parents that night.

One thing that I realized is that I'm  not superwoman. I can't be running around 24/7 and expect to have any bad side effects. I'm human and I need rest. The other thing I'm realizing is that the world will go on without me. Just because I don't do a review or write a blog post doesn't mean that the world will fall apart.

Another thing I realized is the need for what we like to call white space. White space is simply time where you don't have anything scheduled. Time when you can rest, goof off, enjoy some down time, recharge your batteries. Time to chill is so important. It prepares you for the work ahead and helps you stay grounded in what's important. Never underestimate it.

So if you're feeling a little warn and breathless, just take a moment and plan some white space. It can be as simple as playing a game with your siblings or watching a movie. Just plan some time just to breath.

Well, I have a few things to do before my white space kicks in. But after the list is done, it feels like a computer game kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment