Friday, March 1, 2013

Simply Going The Extra Mile

Yet again, with how busy my life had become, my poor little blog has been neglected. Sometimes doing what God has called you to do takes energy off of other things.

Yesterday I went in for an extra day of hospital volunteering. I ended up working all day in the gift shop. And I so enjoyed it.

One of the things that volunteering has taught me is that it's so important to "go the extra mile". Take on a hard job without being asked, be kind to a patient even when they're being cantankerous, help a patient do something even if it isn't in the volunteer description, and so on. I'm amazed at how surprised people are when I go the extra mile. For me doing things just to make the patients or nurses day better is a pleasure.

In life there are plenty of opportunities to "go the extra mile". To do something extra and kind for someone else. Take advantage of them and love others with everything you have.

For me I come home everyday from volunteering exhausted, but I feel good inside. Content that I was able to make someone's day a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment