By Rose H.
If you could only wear two skirts (or favorite pair of jeans) for a whole week? How would you accessorize it to make it different for each day?
This is what I hope to figure out from the 22nd to the 28th of this month. For 7 days I’ll be wearing my 2 favorite skirts and different shirts to see what kind of combinations I can come up with.
What’s the purpose of this challenge? One of things that I talk about regularly on this blog is being content with what you have. When I am out shopping it’s so easy to justify buying the cute shirt or flowery skirt. I really don’t need it, but I like getting new things. But if you take a quick look in your closet and drawers you’ll notice that you have everything you need (and most of what you want). What I want to do is make the most of what I have.
So are you up for the challenge? Then let’s begin. Here are the rules.
1. Choose 2 skirts or pairs of pants, or one skirt and a pair of pants to wear all week. Then choose tops and shirts to go with it.
2. Post 1 picture every day of your outfit on your personal blog or Facebook.
3. You can’t buy anything new for this challenge. Use what you have.
4. Have fun! Mix it up. Try new things. Just enjoy yourself. Rock your own style.
Here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Try to pick skirts or pants that are in neutral colors that way it will be easy to match.
2. Try setting out your clothes ahead of time if you know that you’re going to be busy.
3. Grab a friend and do it together.
4. Check and see what other people are doing. You can play copy-cat if you want.
The whole purpose of this challenge is to simplify and to use what you have. Sometimes we don’t really see all that we have until we challenge ourselves to see beyond what we want.